Thursday 22 October 2009

Big Slurp of a Little Thing!

Hey everybody!

How are you all?

In my piece of land I'm having a hectic time, a loooonnnngggggg week, so I actually slept under class today!

So... the fun bits of these 7 last days were!

A friend lent me her sewing machine so I could at last start my first patchwork project!
So I started on saturday morning with cutting squares, cutting and cutting and cutting...


Then arranging them all on the kitchen table... then counting them and seing that 20 squares are actually missing, so cutting and cutting perfect squares again.















So at the end of the cutting I was a wee bit pissed of the cutting. I put the machine on and started assembling 2 squares. They came out totally freaked. After 4 squares together, the separations weren't neat and tidy, they weren't straight.

So then I told myself to stop mesuring for nothing and start having fun. So that's what I did, and I DID have FUN!...until the machine broke down.
















Next day, so Sunday morning I started again with the squares again, after having repaired the machine (yes the squares were on the table all night). I continued having fun! So it didn't get great or glorious, but I actually am in LOVE with my first cushion!






















So that's was the Highlight 1 of the "week" (well last weekend). Then, tuesday evening, my best friend and I had a girls night out, a lot more frivolous than the cushion making, but it does good!
We went to the Chippendales!

Here,my friend and I with 3 of the Chippis!
















How have your week been?

A little thought too Dzet from http://earthlycolours.blogspot.com/ who has had some uni exams this week, hope everything went well!!!!


XXXXX

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it fun to just let those little squares run in their own direction. I actually like it a lot better than all lined up neatly....he-he

    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhw Emma!! *melt* Thanks! *gets all happy*

    Love the way you look in the chippendales picture:P And I think your first pachwork is nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the randomness of your quilting! It is fabulous. I am too chicken to try randomness, to afraid it will turn out a big mess!
    Have a lovely week.... :-)

    PS-sorry if this is a second comment, blogger went a bit silly on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the patchwork looks great!!
    have a nice weekend
    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do so know what you mean! As you may know if you've been following my blog I find patchwork really difficult even just getting the squares to line up. But I'm all for a bit of randomness it makes for individuality don't you think! I also know just how you feel at finally finishing your first piece - it's a good feeling isn't it?

    Those lads look more exciting though!!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete